I am not sure which friend within my circle of friends first gave this gift at a baby shower. I wish I could give credit where credit is due! This is definitely not my idea, and I'm pretty sure my friend also got the idea from another mother. That's one of the best parts of motherhood, those who have gone before you, sharing their ideas and tips with you. Thank you to all the mothers out there who lift up new moms, and share your knowledge with us.
These wipes are so easy to make and I am sure have saved us a great deal of money over the last two years. They are also more environmentally friendly and the best part is that our daughter has never had a diaper rash! Yes she has had some redness here and there but nothing like the rashes I have heard about from other mothers. It may not be all attributed to these wipes but I think that the wipes have been a big factor in saving Mckenna from painful diaper rashes.
What you will need:
1) Castile soap
2) Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
3) Tea tree oil
4) Thick paper towel roll.
5) 1.6L (7 cup) square/circle container
Follow these easy steps below:
1) Cut the paper towel in thirds. The toughest part of the entire process is cutting the paper towel, so I suggest you sharpen your knife!
2) In a bowl mix 4-5 drops of tea tree oil, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1/2 tablespoon castile soap, about 1-2 cups of hot water. I'm going to be honest I don't measure exactly!
3) In a Rubbermaid container, put one third of the paper towel that you cut previously. Pour over the mixture making sure to pour along the sides and into the middle covering the entire paper towel.
4) Remove the inner cardboard portion of the paper towel.
I'm also going to share the exact brands that we use, but really any brand will do.
Castile Soap - Dr. Bronner's Organic Lavender
Coconut Oil - Kirkland Organic Virgin
Tea Tree Oil - Natural Factors
Paper Towel - Kirkland 2-ply
Container - Rubbermaid
I hope you found this blog helpful! If so, please share it or comment below. Any questions please reach out to me.